The new Virtus series offer Morel’s core technological virtues at an exceptional value. The Virtus series embodies Morel’s technological advancements featuring the Unified woofer chassis—a compact design with a large 2.1″ Voice Coil that allows it to fit in the size constraints of today’s cars.
Controlled Acoustic Resistance - In most automotive applications, speakers are installed in a virtual free-air environment, such as a door, which provides minimal acoustic loading. The C.A.R. Filter™ improves the acoustic loading by controlling airflow within the driver, mimicking the effects of a cabinet while improving power handling by 30%. This provides greater control over the cone movement for improved bass dynamics.
DMM MOTOR - Morel’s double drive system generates more magnetic energy than a single magnet of similar size, increasing efficiency, and the dynamic range. The position of the secondary magnet fixed above the top plate in the motor is the key in controlling stray magnetic flux, thus generating a more focussed magnetic field while also contributing to the “shielded” characteristic of our speakers.
EVC MOTOR - Morel speakers with EVC™ technology utilize voice coils that are up to three times larger than those used in conventional loudspeakers. The EVC™ design moves the magnetic drive system within the voice coil, eliminating stray magnetic flux by effectively directing all the magnetic energy to the voice coil. The result is an ultra-efficient and powerful design, that is highly compact with efficient heat dissipation and reduced cone breakup for lower distortion.
HEXATECH™ ALUMINIUM VOICE COIL - Made from 100% aluminum wire shaped like a honeycomb, the Hexatech™ voice coil reduces air gaps in the coil windings, thereby increasing efficiency by up to 20%. Being lightweight, Hexatech™ voice coils are largely responsible for the extraordinary fast transient response Morel drive units are known for.
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Power Handling: 140Wrms
- Max. Trans.Pwr Handling: 300Wrms
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1M): 88dB
- Frequency Response: 55-4000 Hz
- Resonant Freq. Fs: 65Hz
- Voice Coil Diameter: 2.1in (54mm)
- Voice Coil Height: 0.48in (12mm)
- Voice Coil Type/ Former: Aluminum
- Voice Coil Wire: Hexatech Aluminum
- DC Resistance: 3.5 Ohms
- Voice Coil Induct. @1 kHz: 0.33MH
- Magnet System: Double Ferrite Rear Vented
- HE-Magnetic Gap Height: 0.16in (4mm)
- B-Flux Density (T.M.): 0.65
- BL Product/BXL:3.41
- Max. Linear Ex./Xmax: ±0.16in (±4mm)
- Suspension Compliance CMS - mm/N: 0.57
- Electrical Q Factor QES: 1.3
- QTS: 0.9
- QMS: 2.88
- Mech.Resistance RMS - Ohm/meter: 1.49
- Moving Mass MMS - gr: 10.67
- Equiv. Can Air Load VAS: 11.387L (0.45cu.ft)
- Effective Piston Area SD: 119sq.cm (18.45sq. inch)
- Cone Type: Formed Paper
- Cone Material: Composite Cellular Fiber
- Unit Diameter: 6.5in (165mm)
- Mounting Depth: 2.36in (61mm)
- Mounting Cutout: 5.55in (141mm)
- Net Weight: 0.739lb (1.61Kg)
This item can be back-ordered.