CDT Audio CL-51CV 5.25" Component
This is a convertible speaker set, meaning it can be used as either a component set or coaxial set. Comes with all hardware to convert it to a coaxial set.
The CDT CL-51CV V2 produces great sound quality while offering the added covenience of being a convertible set. You have the choice of mounting the tweeter in a coaxial fashion by removing the phase plug or utilizing the set as a traditional component set.
Sound Profile: The CDT CL-51CV V.2 has a smooth, rich, forgiving sound signature. The midbass is truly unique being catered to work in almost any environment, being a car door to no enclosure at all. The midbass is tight and punchy while staying clean and clear with no distortion. As you proceed to listen, the woofer has great upper extension into the high midrange, vocals and instruments are reproduced with great detail, no cone breakup. The 3/4" inch silk tweeter blends perfectly with the woofer offering a warm, smooth sound signature which is forgiving to any music artifacts. There is no bias to any one area of the sound reproduction, leaving you with a well balanced speaker set.
- Midbass: 5.25" Inch w/carbon treated paper cone, phase plug
- Tweeter: 3/4" Inch Silk Dome Tweeter, flush and surface mount housing included
- Crossovers: 12db butterworth filter on midbass and tweeter, small size for easy installation
- Power Handling: 100 watts rms
- Frequency Response: 70-20,000Hz
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Sensitivity: 90.8db
- Mounting Depth: 2.5" Inch
- Can be configured as component or coaxial set